Sunday, June 7, 2015

Soak Seed and Sprout Seed for the Birds
*
I use the Seed Sprouter I have from "The Sprout People."

*         *         *


Here is the 
Soak Seed after it has soaked in cold water for 24+ hrs. I like their sprouter because I am able to rinse the seed frequently and it has  air chambers that aid in keeping the seed fresh thus preventing mold.
*          *           *


looking down inside





You can see the sprouts on the seeds. At this stage the taste is sweet.



*          *          *



Lil' Bird Sprouting Seed..Organic



After the seed is soaked and sprouted, I keep it in the fridge for freshness.
Preparing it for the birds, I mix the sprouted seed with the Abba Green. This mix allows the birds to forage for the seed as they would do in the wild. The soak has many nutritional benefits and is feed to the birds daily in small amounts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment