Sunday, May 22, 2016

Greens for the Canaries.

 This is my wildflower weed patch where the chickweed grows.


 This is a close up of a mature chickweed - you can see the shape of the leaf.


 This is one full chickweed plant. It spreads in a circle and  has a tiny white flower. Bottom right  corner is a dandelion. Also good and rich in vitamins for canaries. Top left is the plant I am seeking ID on..


 Close up of plant I need to ID??? It has a tiny pink flower.
Dove Foot Geranium/  Doves Foot Cranes-Bill  has been ID'd

http://www.juliasedibleweeds.com/edible-weeds-flowers/doves-foot-geranium/
Link to read more about this plant.


This I call, "Take Over" as you can see if you zoom in, the plant I need to ID has taken over the chickweed. Chickweed is a spring plant and soon will be gone for the year..so I like to take advantage of this and feed it everyday till it is gone for the year. The fledges love to play with it and spend much time eating and dragging it around like a toy. "its that little string inside the stem, you see"


Read more about chickweed here: http://www.juliasedibleweeds.com/recipes/chickweed-abundant-in-winter/


No comments:

Post a Comment