Sunday, July 3, 2016

Here are my long awaited Yorkshire Chicks at just a few days old. I am hand feeding them as the hen is not. I am using Abba's hand feeding formula.




---------------------------------------------


Seven days old and their eyes are open.  Relieved that  the parents have started to feed them because they wanted nothing to do with me and my food. Green Peas was the specialty food of the day along with the soft foods.
 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





 At fourteen days or so Evel decided to fledge the nest, "to early" I said, but there he was on a perch standing on those long legs. So thus the stunt boys name.







--------------------------------------------

Here they both are out of the nest and on the floor of the cage. First night out of the nest was not much fun at this tender age. Second night out was even less fun. When I went to bird room early next morning, Evel was NOT in the cage. Nope he was not there. He had managed to leave thru the bar of the cage you see here. I found him on the floor in decent shape, not to cold and not to happy.




I returned him to his cage with his room mate. Notice the wing feathers coming in nicely.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



So after the "I am leaving episode" Evel and Knevel refused to stay in their nest. I would put them in the nest and they would immediately jump out..  So I put a dish on the floor of the cage added a nest pad and here they are on the floor of the cage. Each day the feathers are growing and looking good. July 2 2016. I think they are going to make it. They should be trying to eat soft food in about 3/4 days.. I like the look of the wing feathers today. And..... they are no longer bald..
Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment